Apr 12, 2012

Loving The Sound Of: "I Want You" by Luke James





 "I Want You" Live
                 
                  Luke James is one of those people that you listen to and instantly fall in love with! His vocal range is amazing and it doesn't hurt that he's good lookin' and dresses like a gentleman ;-). His singing ability reminds people of how much talent the music industry is missing. I definitely don't believe that everyone should have a five octave range and sound the same, but I do believe that artist should create real and meaningful art. They should carry the heavy burden of opening the eyes and mind of society all the while nurturing its heart. The packaging that music execs love so much gets old after a while and you just want everyone you listen to, to stand up and be honest about who they are and what they stand for. Just like Marvin Gaye, Nirvana, Mariah Carey, Cee-lo, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Elton John, Billy Joel, Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Selena, The Foo Fighters, Lauryn Hill, Florence and the Machine were/are.... I mean I could go on forever! Its just sad when you think of all the people out there with amazing talent and potential that are looked over because record labels wanna sell sex and we the society have been so musically dumbed down that we cannot understand complex music. Wow, I got carried away for a sec. lol Anyways my point was that I would love to see someone like Luke James advance in his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment