Apr 5, 2012

Speaking Of Television....



                    Shonda Rhimes' new show 'Scandal' is premiering on ABC tonight. The series features Kerry Washington who will portray Olivia Pope, the main character and a pro at covering up the scandalous secrets of DC's elite. I am very excited to get a first glimpse of the show. Shonda is just so great at creating complex characters that are anything but stereotypical. She has done a great job of making sure that  people of all races and types are portrayed on Grey's Anatomy and I am sure she will do the same with this new show. Even though I do believe t.v has come a long way when it comes to portraying Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians, I still think there is much further to go. I would like to see more show creators take on characters of all colors shapes and sizes without engulfing them in a sea of outdated stereotypes. Well, I will let you know what I think of 'Scandal.' Until then, a plus tard!

No comments:

Post a Comment